Mount Union College Hosts Annual ArtFest
August 27, 2009
The 45th Annual ArtFest was held Sunday at the Campus Lakes in conjunction with “A Taste of Alliance” at Mount Union College.
Sponsored by the Mount Union College, Alliance Art Center and the Alliance Area Chamber of Commerce, the ArtFest featured original works by area artists in various media including watercolor, oil, acrylic, ceramics, fine crafts and other media from photography to printmaking. Over 30 artists had works on display and for sale.
While browsing the art displays, visitors and community members enjoyed food and beverages from Alliance area restaurants and caterers. This year’s “A Taste of Alliance” featured Anthony’s Italian Restaurant, Chives Grille, College Inn Eatery, Cornie’s Steak House, Don Pancho’s Tex-Mex Café, Jeff’s Catering, Rose’s Hillcrest Market, Shaffer’s Diner and Tropical Sno. Music was also provided by participants of a Folk Jam that was organized by the John T. Huston-Dr. John D. Brumbaugh Nature Center.
The following artists were awarded for their original works:
Best of Show
• Barbara Tartir of Big Prairie, OH (watercolor)
• Isaac Stanley of Minerva, OH (oil/acrylic)
• 1st place – Mieze Riedel of Alliance, OH
• 1st place – Ron Moore Jr. of Alliance, OH
• 2nd place – Robert Schuck of Salem, OH
• 3rd place – Kimi Clark of Beloit, OH
• Honorable Mention – Chelsea Eggleston of Minerva, OH
• 1st place – Patricia O’Neill Sacha of Alliance, OH
• 2nd place – Dave Derrig of Wadsworth, OH
• 1st place – Noreen Miller of Atwater, OH
• 2nd place – Cheryl Strait of Alliance, OH
• 3rd place – Maria Riedel of Akron, OH
• Honorable Mention – Suzanne Kohring Reich of Cleveland, OH
• 1st place – Larry Griffiths of Warren, OH (metal sculptures)
• 2nd place – Kirk Poffenberger of Salem, OH (pen and ink drawings)
• 3rd place – Ed Klein of Medina, OH (photography)
• Honorable Mention – Darryl Chernikovich of Alliance, OH (metals)