Mount Union Hires Seven New Full-Time Faculty for 2016-17
August 04, 2016
ALLIANCE, Ohio - The University of Mount Union has announced the hiring of seven new full-time faculty members in seven different disciplines for the 2016-17 academic year.
- Professor Ryan Adler returns to Mount Union as an assistant professor of physician assistant studies. Prior to returning to Mount Union, his alma mater, Ryan Adler served as a certified physician assistant at the Cleveland Clinic’s main campus. He also served as a guest lecturer for Mount Union’s Physician Assistant Studies program since earning his Master’s at the University. He earned his bachelor’s degree form the University of Toldeo.
- Professor Litong Chen comes to Mount Union on the cusp of earning his Ph.D., expected to take place in August of this year, from The Ohio State University. He will be an assistant professor in the Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures. He has made numerous conference presentations and is the author of several papers on linguistics in various dialects of Chinese. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Renmin University of China and his Master’s degree from Ohio State.
- Prior to coming to Mount Union, Sara Dorris, D.N.P, served as a nurse practitioner at the Ohio Institute of Pain Management and the Ashtabula County Medical Center—Cleveland Clinic, as an R.N. at several hospitals, and on the adjunct faculty of the Mercy College of Nursing. She earned her associate’s and bachelor’s degrees from Kent State University, her Master’s degree from Youngstown State University and her D.N.P. from Chamberlain College of Nursing. She joins the Department of Nursing as an assistant professor.
- Before returning to Mount Union, Amber Hunt, Ph.D., taught at Hiram College and worked as management analyst, accountant, and fiscal manager for such organizations as The University of Akron, American Greetings, and the State Of Ohio. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Mount Union, her Master’s degree from Ashland University and her doctorate degree from The University of Akron. She joins the staff of the Department of Economics, Accounting and Business Administration as an assistant professor.
- Prior to coming to Mount Union, Nathan Saunders, Ph.D., taught at Longwood University. A former figure skater and figure skating coach, Saunders has focused his research in kinesiology on skaters, as well as on mobility issues affecting older adults. Saunders earned his associate’s degree from Santa Monica College, his bachelor’s degree from the University of California – Los Angeles (UCLA) and his Master’s and doctorate degree from Ohio State. He will join the Department of Human Performance and Sport business as an assistant professor in the exercise science program.
- Dinesh Shetty, Ph.D., has previously taught at Aquinas College, Grand Valley State University, and Western Michigan University. Active as a researcher, he has also held several research positions and has been a co-author and lead author of numerous papers on nuclear physics. He comes to Mount Union as a visiting assistant professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy. Shetty earned his Master’s degree from the University of Bombay and his doctorate degree from the University of Mumbai.
- Before coming to Mount Union, Jason Zirbel, Ph.D. taught at several institutions in Wisconsin, including Globe University, University of Wisconsin – Green Bay, and University of Wisconsin – Manitowoc, while undertaking work on his doctorate. He is expected to earn his doctorate degree in August of 2016. He comes to Mount Union after earning his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin – Green Bay and his Master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh. He will be a visiting instructor in the Department of English.