Mount Union Homecoming Events Begin Monday
June 02, 2010
ALLIANCE, Ohio -- The Mount Union College Homecoming Week begins Monday, with several student, alumni and community events scheduled throughout the week.
Student events Monday with Wax Hands and Air Brush Tattoos in the HPCC Main Lounge from 4-8 p.m.
Other student events include:
- A Gong Show on Tuesday at 9 p.m. in the Campus Grounds Coffeehouse.
- Comedian Tommy Blaze on Wednesday at 9 p.m. in the Campus Grounds Coffeehouse.
- The Mr. MUC pageant on Thursday at 8 p.m. in the Mount Union Theatre.
- The Homecoming semi-formal dance on Friday at 8 p.m. in the Campus Grounds Coffeehouse.
Community and alumni events begin Friday with a sport management gathering including a dinner at 6 p.m. and a reception and campus tours at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday's community and alumni events will include:
- The18th Annual Run-a -MUC 5K race. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with a shot-gun start at 9:30 a.m. in front of the McPherson Wellness Center. Registration forms are available in the Office of Alumni and College Activities or can be made by calling (330) 823-2030. A kids' race will take place immediately following the Run-a-MUC.
- The National Cabinet of Mount Union Women will gather for a business meeting at 9 a.m. in the Alumni Room of the Hoover-Price Campus Center (HPCC).
- An alumni swim and diving meet will take place in the pool of the Timken Physical Education Building from 10 a.m. to noon.
- A Pre-Law Society Alumni Reception will be held in the lobby of Bica-Ross Residence Hall at 10 a.m.
- Campus facilities will be open for touring with hosts leading groups in the Dewald Chapel and the Kolenbrander-Harter Information Center from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A pre-game brunch begins at 10:30 a.m. in the Kresge Dining Commons in the Hoover-Price Campus Center. Tickets, available at the door, are $4.50 for adults and $2.75 for children under 12. Advanced reservations are not necessary.
- A young alumni reception from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. will take place at bw-3 Grill and Pub on West State Street.
- The Homecoming Parade begins at 11:30 a.m. at the HPCC. The route heads east on Simpson Street, turns right at the College lakes going south on Miller Avenue, turning right onto Hartshorn Street and ending at the Mount Union Stadium.
- Kick-off for the Mount Union vs. Ohio Northern University football game is at 1:30 p.m. The Homecoming court and the crowning of the King and Queen will take place during halftime of the game. The Mount Union Marching Band, the Purple Raider Cheerleaders and MUCaw (the Purple Raider mascot) will make appearances. For football ticket information, please call (330) 821-6759.
- The Mount Union women's soccer team will take on Wilmington College at 2 p.m. at the 23rd Street Field.
- A post-game reception will be held in the Campus Grounds patio of the HPCC. Also following the football game, the Black Student Union will host an open house in the lower level of the Ramsayer Health Center. Fraternity and sorority open houses are also scheduled at this time.
Homecoming activities will conclude on Sunday, September 30, with the alumni softball and baseball games at 1 p.m. at 23rd Street Field.
For more information about any of the scheduled events, or to receive a registration form for the 5K or Kids' Races, please contact the Office of Alumni and College Activities at (800) 992-6682, ext. 2030 or (330) 823-2030.
For more information, contact the Office of Public Relations at (330) 823-6063