Mount Union Names Outstanding Senior Man and Woman
April 27, 2015
ALLIANCE, Ohio – Emily Phillip and Jacob Ward were named Outstanding Senior Woman and Man during the University of Mount Union’s annual Senior Recognition and Honors Convocation held Tuesday, April 21.
A history major of Westlake, Ohio, Phillip is an honors student who has been named to the Dean’s list every semester at Mount Union. She is president of Student Senate and throughout her college career has participated in Alpha Lambda Delta, Alpha Xi Delta sorority (chaplain and program director), Association of Women Students, College Republicans, Dynamo Staff, History/Political Science Club, Kappa Phi Club, PRO Team, Raider Programming Board, Presidential Search Committee and Student Appeals Hearing Board. In addition, she studied abroad at Chaing Mai University in Thailand.
Ward, an art and theatre major of Kensington, Ohio, is also an honors student who has been named to the Dean’s List every semester. He is a member of Alpha Lambda Delta, Association of Women Students, Concert Choir, History/Political Science Club, Interscience Research Club, Kappa Delta Pi, Kappa Pi (vice president and president), Ohio College Music Educators Association, Raider Relief and Student Conduct Board. He is a Regula Scholar and senior class president and previously served as president of Alpha Psi Omega, assistant resident manager for townhouses and apartments and president of Kappa Pi. He was on this year’s Homecoming Court, was named to the Student National Education Association, Who’s Who Among College and University Students and has taken part in numerous theatre productions.
Semifinalists for Outstanding Senior Woman included:
- biochemistry major Eva Laino of Canfield, Ohio;
- biology major Megan McMinn of Uniontown, Ohio;
- human resource management and marketing major Ashley Sams of Alliance, Ohio and
- chemistry major Miranda Stockton of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
Semifinalists for Outstanding Senior Man included:
- English: literature major Donnell Carter of Cleveland, Ohio;
- biochemistry major Nathan Dreger of Kent, Ohio;
- marketing major Dan Goswick of Amherst, Ohio and
- finance and management major Andrew Rothermel of Rootstown, Ohio.