Mount Union National Rankings
Mount Union consistently fares well in national university rankings, which only confirms what we have long known at the University – we offer an exceptional educational value and experience which is truly a formula for alumni success – one that combines outstanding academic preparation with critical hands-on experience.
- This year, Mount Union was ranked 11th among regional colleges in the Midwest, which includes the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin, by U.S. News and World Report. This was the 24th consecutive year that Mount Union has appeared in this annual listing of the best colleges and universities.
- Mount Union was also ranked in the top 21% of four-year, accredited private and public colleges and universities nationally by Forbes.
- Mount Union was ranked among the top 35 baccalaureate colleges and universities in the nation in Washington Monthly’s 2014 rankings. Mount Union is ranked 35th among the 346 institutions that the publication included in the category.
- The University has been included in the Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges for four consecutive years.
- Mount Union received a bronze rating from the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS), making it the first institution in Ohio to receive a STARS rating.
- The University has been cited for four consecutive years with Tree Campus USA recognition by the Arbor Day Foundation in honor of the institution’s commitment to effective community forestry management.
- For the seventh consecutive year, the University of Mount Union has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for exemplary service efforts and service to America’s communities.
- Mount Union finished 19th in the nation in the final 2013-2014 Learfield Sports Directors Cup NCAA Division III standings as the highest ranked NCAA Division III institution in Ohio.
- Ohio Magazine has recognized members from the University of Mount Union faculty with its Excellence in Education Award including Dr. Beth Canfield-Simbro, Dr. Jamie Capuzza, Sandra Ekstrand, Dr. Ronald Mendel, Dr. Peter Schneller, Dr. Robert Ekey, Dr. Patricia Boehm, Dr. Helen Muga, Dr. Scott Mason, Sharon Luke, Betsy Ekey, Dr. Jeffrey Draves, Dr. Mandy Capel, Dr. Grant Cook and Dr. Nicole Johnson.
Schedule a campus visit to learn more about the value of Mount Union.