Department of Theatre to Present Musical “Company”
March 21, 2013
ALLIANCE, Ohio—The University of Mount Union will present the comedic musical “Company” premiering April 4 at Rodman Playhouse.
The musical, written by George Furth with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, is full of funny and sweet moments. This 2007 Tony Award winner follows Bobby throughout his quest to understand relationships and why people want to be in them while questioning his own relations.
“’Company’ is one of the most powerful and well-written works in the history of musical theatre,” said assistant music director and vocal coach Ian LeRoy, a senior music performance major of Orwell, OH. "We are lucky to have such a phenomenal director and music director for this show, and the cast is a vocal and theatrical powerhouse. From the first rehearsal I could tell that this would be an amazing experience for everyone involved, including the audience.”
Under the direction of assistant professor of theatre Kevin Kern, the cast and crew includes:
Freshman Japanese major Alexandra Augustine of Brooklyn, OH, as Joanne
- Freshman neuroscience major Erin Bell of Mount Vernon, OH, as Marta
- Senior physics major Kyle Crowley of McDonald, PA, as Larry
- Sophomore exercise science major Brendan Graves of Zionsville, Ind., as Paul
- Sophomore Sarah Hohenadel of Mogadore, OH, as Susan
- Freshman theatre and exercise science major Josh Hudson of North Ridgeville, OH, as Peter
- Senior Japanese and theatre major Kenny Leep of Stow, OH, as Bobby
- Freshman theatre and middle childhood education major Megan Ostrovsky of North Canton, OH, as April
- Junior religious studies and English major Jesse Phillips of Norwalk, OH, as Harry
- Sophomore Tyler Portner of Ashland, OH, as David
- Freshman psychology major Natalie Ricciutti of Canfield, OH, as Kathy
- Senior communication major Kelsey Tomlinson of Cuyahoga Falls, OH, as Amy
- Freshman music education major Haley Walls of Oregon, OH, as Jenny
- Freshman music education major Alex Waitinas of Bristolville, OH, as Sarah
- Sophomore theatre major Kristina Zoretich of Ashtabula, OH, as stage manager
Deb Lotsof, professor of theatre, is in charge of costume design, creating a black and white theme for the costumes. The set, designed by Rudy Roggenkamp, associate professor of theatre, is building a set that feels like New York City. Jonathan Willis, director of bands, will serve as music director and conductor.
Show times are 7:30 p.m. April 4-6 and April 11-13 and 2 p.m. April 7.
Rodman Playhouse is located on the corner of Simpson Street and Union Avenue on Mount Union’s campus. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $9 for senior citizens. Tickets are complimentary for the faculty, students and staff of Mount Union. To order tickets, call (330) 821-2565.