Office of Diversity and Inclusion
"We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion." – Max de Pree
The objective of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is to serve as a resource for all students. Our office provides assistance for academic, social, cultural, and personal well-being. The office works cooperatively with faculty, staff and administrators to assist students in their pursuit of academic excellence at the University of Mount Union.
Mount Union believes that an appreciation of diversity among campus constituencies creates a welcoming campus environment that is crucial to the success of all our students. Creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for our students is at the core of beliefs.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion prides itself on the continual practice of working with students, not only on a one-to-one basis, but also to foster an environment that celebrates and embraces diversity by providing programs, services, and other educational opportunities that contribute to student’s learning and their growth. Such programs include:
- Aids Awareness in December
- American Indian History Month in November
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May
- Black History Month in February
- Hispanic Heritage in September/October
- Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration in February
- Multicultural Retreat in Spring and Fall
- Sexual Awareness Programs in Spring/Fall
- and many others
Our Diversity Council Organizations:
- Association of International Students (AIS)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Gender Equity Matters (GEM)
- Hispanic Organization Latino America (HOLA)
- Spiritual Life Leadership (SLL)
Come check us out!
We are located in the Student Affairs Office, directly behind the information desk inside the Hoover Price Campus Center (HPCC). Also, feel free to give us a call or send an email!