Not Another Statistic Diversity Conference: Unity without Uniformity
The University of Mount Union will host the ninth annual Not Another Statistic Diversity Conference from November 4-5, 2016. The theme of the conference this year, Unity without Uniformity, is something we hope will inspire all who attend to learn and grow together at the conference and then go back to their respective communities to live out the change they would like to see while encouraging others to do the same.
Keynote Speaker: Justin Jones-Fosu
Keynote Title: Hug an Elephant, Kiss a Giraffe: Embracing Everyday Diversity
YouTube promo here.
Sponsored by the University’s Dean of Students Office, Office of Diversity and Inclusion and Student Senate and hosted by the Mount Union Diversity Council and Student Senate, this conference is an opportunity for college students from across the state to come together and explore diversity on college campuses from a wide variety of perspectives. The Student Diversity Council is comprised of the following groups:
- Association of International Students (AIS)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Gender Equity Matters (GEM)
- Hispanic Organization Latino America (HOLA)
- Spiritual Life Leadership (SLL)
Conference Location and Accommodations
The Not Another Statistic Diversity Conference will take place on the University of Mount Union campus with breakout sessions in the Engineering and Business Building as well as Tolerton and Hood Hall. The University address is 1972 Clark Avenue Alliance, Ohio 44601.
Hotel Rooms are available at the Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn Express in Alliance at a discounted rate. (The actual rates are listed by the hotel name). Accessible rooms are also available. Reservations should be made as soon as possible with the appropriate hotel, as rooms are limited.
|Comfort Inn - $100 per night
2500 W. State St.
Alliance, Ohio 44601
|Holiday Inn Express - $125 per night
2341 W. State St.
Alliance, Ohio 44601
Friday, November 4, 2016
- No registration and students will be encouraged to attend the scheduled Coffee House event with RPB
- 7-9 p.m. - Social Activity (MAAC-Auxiliary Gym)
Saturday, November 5, 2016
- 8 a.m. - Registration will begin in the DeWald Chapel Lobby with Continental Breakfast
- 9 a.m. - Welcome and Keynote Speaker (Sanctuary in Dewald Chapel)
- 11 a.m. - Session I
- 12 p.m. – Lunch (Kresge Dining Hall)
- 1:15 p.m. - Session II
- 2:15 p.m. – Afternoon Snack (Tolerton & Hood Hall Lobby)
- 2:45 p.m.-Session III
- 3:45 p.m. - Closing Session: Reflection (MAAC-Auxiliary Gym)