- Ryan Donaldson ’15
- Hometown: North Canton, Ohio
- Major: Medical Technology
When I graduated from high school, I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field. I was interested in becoming a medical technologist, and heard that Mount Union had an outstanding medical technology program.
Not Another Statistic Conference: Be the Change
The University of Mount Union will host the sixth annual Not Another Statistic Conference from November 1-3, 2013. The theme of the conference this year, Be the Change, is something we hope will inspire all who attend to learn and grow together at the conference and then go back to their respective communities to live out the change they would like to see while encouraging others to do the same.
Sponsored by the University’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion and hosted by the Mount Union Student Diversity Council, this conference is an opportunity for college students from across the state to come together and explore diversity on college campuses from a wide variety of perspectives. The Student Diversity Council is comprised of the following groups:
- Association of International Students (AIS)
- Association of Women Students (AWS)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA)
- Hispanic Organization Latino America (HOLA)
- Spiritual Life Leadership (SLL)
- See the Ability Not Disability (STAND)
Please click on the appropriate link below to register for the conference.
- University of Mount Union Students, Staff, and Faculty attendees
- Attendees from College or Universities other than Mount Union
Conference Location and Accommodations
The Not Another Statistic Conference will primarily take place in the Engineering and Business Building as well as Tolerton-Hood Hall on the University of Mount Union Campus. There is a link in the left-hand sidebar to a more specific map of the University. The University address is 1972 Clark Avenue Alliance, Ohio 44601.
Hotel Rooms are available at the Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn Express in Alliance at the discounted rate of $89.99 per night. Accessible rooms are also available. Reservations should be made as soon as possible with the appropriate hotel, as rooms are limited.
2500 W. State St.
|Holiday Inn Express
2341 W. State St.
Conference Schedule and Sessions
Below is the Not Another Statistic Conference schedule. You will receive a final copy of this schedule when you arrive for the conference, but please feel free to use this to plan your experience at the conference, and be sure to check back for any changes!
Friday, November 1
- 6:30 p.m. - Check In
- 8 p.m. - Roundtable Discussions
- 9:30 p.m. - Evening Social Event
Saturday, November 2
- 8 a.m. - Check In
- 9 a.m. - Keynote Speaker
- 10:15 a.m. - Breakout Sessions
- 11:45 a.m. - Case Study Meeting 1
- 1:15 p.m. - Lunch
- 2:30 p.m. - Breakout Sessions
- 4 p.m. - Case Study Meeting 2
- 5:15 p.m. - Breakout Sessions
- 6:30 p.m. - Dinner on Your Own
- 8 p.m. - Evening Social Event
Sunday, November 3
- 8 a.m. - Optional Spiritual Services
- 10 a.m. - Case Study Presentations and Closing
For more information, contact Rich Jackson, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Diversity and Inclusion, at (330) 823-2243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.