Not Another Statistic Diversity Conference: What's the Big IDEA (Identity, Diversity, Education, Action)
The University of Mount Union will host the eighth annual Not Another Statistic Conference from November 6-7, 2015. The theme of the conference this year, What's the Big IDEA (Identity, Diversity, Education, Action), is something we hope will inspire all who attend to learn and grow together at the conference and then go back to their respective communities to live out the change they would like to see while encouraging others to do the same.
Sponsored by the University’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion and hosted by the Mount Union Student Diversity Council, this conference is an opportunity for college students from across the state to come together and explore diversity on college campuses from a wide variety of perspectives. The Student Diversity Council is comprised of the following groups:
- Association of International Students (AIS)
- Association of Women Students (AWS)
- Black Student Union (BSU)
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA)
- Hispanic Organization Latino America (HOLA)
- Spiritual Life Leadership (SLL)
- See the Ability Not Disability (STAND)
Conference Location and Accommodations
The Not Another Statistic Conference will primarily take place in the Engineering and Business Building as well as Tolerton-Hood Hall on the University of Mount Union Campus. There is a link in the left-hand sidebar to a more specific map of the University. The University address is 1972 Clark Avenue Alliance, Ohio 44601.
Hotel Rooms are available at the Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn Express in Alliance at the discounted rate of $89.99 per night. Accessible rooms are also available. Reservations should be made as soon as possible with the appropriate hotel, as rooms are limited.
2500 W. State St.
Alliance, Ohio 44601
|Holiday Inn Express
2341 W. State St.
Alliance, Ohio 44601
Friday, November 6, 2015
- 5:30-7 p.m. - Registration
- 7-9 p.m. - Screening of MTV Documentary “White People” followed by Discussion
- 9 p.m. - Social Activity
Saturday, November 7, 2015
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. - Registration
- 8:30-10 a.m. - Welcome and Keynote Speaker - Eva Vega
(Follow Eva on Twitter and Instagram @EvaVegaWorld)
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. - Session I
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Session II
- 12:45-2 p.m. - Lunch
- 2:15-3:15 p.m. - Session III
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. - Session IV
- 4:45-5:45 p.m. - Closing Session
- 6 p.m. - Networking “No-Host” Dinners
Concurrent Session - A 45-minute presentation of research, theory and practice with an additional 15 minutes reserved for questions. Concurrent sessions consist of either one presentation for the full 45 minutes or a shared session with two presenters.
Panel Discussion - A 60-minute session hosted by groups of three or more. Panels provide different perspectives on a single topic, as well as elicit questions from the audience.