Outstanding Senior Man and Woman Announced
April 23, 2014
ALLIANCE, Ohio – Alyssa M. Greenwell and Kyle Q. Dreger were named Outstanding Senior Woman and Man during the University of Mount Union’s annual Senior Recognition and Honors Convocation held Tuesday, April 22.
A biochemistry major of Canton, OH, Greenwell is an honors student who has been named to the Dean’s list numerous times. Throughout her college career she has participated in Alpha Lambda Delta, Alpha Phi Omega, Advancement Ambassador, American Chemical Society, Association of Women Students, Blue Key, Dynamo Staff, Gamma Beta Phi, Order of Omega, Pre-Health Professionals Club, Residence Hall Association, Scholastic Achievement Coalition, Sophomore Service and Student Alumni Association. Greenwell is president of Delta Sigma Tau and committee chair for Relay for Life. She has studied in Germany and England and was on Homecoming Court.
Dreger, a computer science major of Kent, OH, is participating in the Honors Program, has been named to the Dean’s list every semester at Mount Union and has achieved Honors in the Major. He is the senior class president, editor of Calliope, president of Society of Computing Students and the vice president of Raider Programming Board. Dreger played men’s soccer for three years and served on the Student Athletic Advisory Committee. He was a member of Raider Relief, Sophomore Service and The Edge.
Semifinalists for Outstanding Senior Woman included:
- Carisa Bohnak, biology and economics major of Bedford, OH
- Abbey Chandler, accounting major of Poland, OH
- Emily Mazzaferri, middle childhood education major of Canton, OH and
- Megan Shadrach, public relations major of Parma, OH
Semifinalists for Outstanding Senior Man included:
- James Darnley, biochemistry major of Canton, OH
- Dylan Spangenberg, human resources and management major of Chardon, OH
- Alex Wolfe, mathematics major of Atwater, OH and
- Patrick Yackmack, human resources and sport business major of Mantua, OH