Physician Assistant Studies Program Mission and Vision Statement
The mission of the Mount Union Physician Assistant Studies Program is to educate knowledgeable, competent, and compassionate physician assistants who, under physician supervision, provide patient care with professionalism and integrity.
Vision Statement The Physician Assistant Studies Program will accomplish its mission by offering a graduate level curriculum that focuses on the development of critical thinking, professional problem solving, appreciation of human diversity, and ethical leadership. Through its mission, the program will help meet the surrounding communities’ need for qualified health care providers.
The strengths in the curriculum lie in its focus on:
- patient-centered care that acknowledges diversity and an interdisciplinary team approach
- the impact of the U.S Healthcare Delivery System within the context of the complex societal problems that affect the individual, community, and world
- the collaborative physician/PA relationship
- an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of heath care access and needs
- the importance of life-long learning for the PA
The program has a commitment to the provision of didactic and clinical education to yield excellent clinicians, who have the ability to evaluate and utilize current health policy, medical research, cultural effects, and information technology to enhance the care of their patients. The program is also committed to providing a foundation for life-long learning skills in students to prepare them for the expectations of the physician assistant profession. At the center of the educational philosophy is the appropriate care of, respect for, and responsibility to the patient, who is the ultimate beneficiary of the program’s graduate.
Mount Union's Physician Assistant Program Strives to:
- Educate Physician Assistants to be excellent health care providers
- Produce physician assistants who are valued members of the medical team
- Provide academic and clinical opportunities to enrich the physician assistant education experience
- Promote health and preventive medicine measures
- Participate as a partner in providing the community healthcare professionals
Schedule a campus visit today to learn more in person.