PA Program Student Associations
Students interested in or involved with the Physician Assistant Studies Program have the opportunity to participate in the following organizations:
- Pre-PA Club - composed of UMU students who have an interest in applying to PA school. Students discuss opportunities, trends and strategies for application and interview related to program entry.
- Physician Assistant Studies Program Student Society - composed of students in the PA Studies Program.
Throughout the year, these associations host events for students and faculty members where students gain hands-on experience through BMI and blood pressure checks during the National PA Week in October.
The Ohio Association of Physician Assistants (OAPA) encourages membership among PA students. OAPA gives PA students access to helpful resources and job openings, an invitation to the annual OAPA student conference, personal mentors, student scholarships, up-to-date information on PA legislation, licensure and prescriptive authority in Ohio, and volunteer and leadership opportunities. Mount Union currently has a "bronze star" because 62% of our students are members of OAPA.
Students participate in community service projects. Projects in the past have included:
- Sponsoring a Strong Strides for Kids 5K Walk/Run
- Participating in Treasure Your Chest and Relay for Life
- Volunteering at a hunger center
- Organizing a coat drive
- Collecting items for a domestic violence shelter
- Hosting a donation drive to raise money for a single family during the holiday season
Interested in taking part in a PA student organization? Learn more about application into the Physician Assistant Studies Program.