PA Program Student Associations
Students interested in or involved with the Physician Assistant Studies Program have the opportunity to participate in the following organizations:
- Pre-PA Club - composed of UMU students who have an interest in applying to PA school. Students discuss opportunities, trends and strategies for application and interview related to program entry.
- Physician Assistant Studies Program Student Society - composed of students in the PA Studies Program.
Throughout the year, these associations host events for students and faculty members where students gain hands-on experience through BMI and blood pressure checks during the National PA Week in October.
In addition to these events, students participate in a number of community service projects including:
- Sponsoring a Strong Strides for Kids 5K Walk/Run
- Participating in Treasure Your Chest and Relay for Life
- Volunteering at a hunger center
- Organizing a coat drive
- Collecting items for a domestic violence shelter
- Hosting a donation drive to raise money for a single family during the holiday season
Interested in taking part in a PA student organization? Learn more about application into the Physician Assistant Studies Program.