- Ryan Donaldson ’15
- Hometown: North Canton, Ohio
- Major: Medical Technology
When I graduated from high school, I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field. I was interested in becoming a medical technologist, and heard that Mount Union had an outstanding medical technology program.
Parking and Vehicles
- All student, faculty and staff vehicles at the University of Mount Union must be registered and identified with a parking decal obtained from Campus Security. There is no fee for registering vehicles. Vehicles must be registered at Campus Security or by filling out the online form.
- Student decals will be based upon residency. If your residency changes during the academic year, you are responsible for contacting Campus Security to obtain a new decal.
- Student parking registrations expire at the end of the academic year or when a student ceases to be enrolled at the University of Mount Union.
- Acceptance of a Mount Union parking permit is an acknowledgement by the registrant that these parking policies have been read and understood and constitutes an agreement by the registrant to abide by the parking policies.
- The decal must be placed at the bottom of the passenger side windshield and the barcode must be completely visible from the outside.
- If a new vehicle is purchased (even if you still have 30-day tags) or any vehicle information should change, a new decal
must be obtained from Campus Security.
- Theft, vandalism or trading of decals is strictly prohibited and will result in disciplinary action.
- Issuance of a parking permit does not assure the driver of an open parking space. Lack of a space is not considered a valid excuse for violation of the regulations.
If anyone feels that they have been ticketed in error, they can file an appeal to have the ticket voided. Appeals must be filed within seven calendar days of the infraction date. The appeal formis available on iRaider under Forms then Vehicles. They are also available in the Campus Security lobby and in Student Affairs. Appeals filed after seven calendar days will not be accepted, and the fine must be paid at the Office of Business Affairs.
Schedule of Fines
- First ticket $25
- Second ticket $50
- Third ticket $75
- Fourth ticket $75 and vehicle will be booted
- ($50 for towing service to remove)
- Fifth Ticket $100 and vehicle will be booted
- ($50 for towing service to remove)
- Sixth and subsequent tickets $100 and vehicle will be towed
- If a vehicle has been booted, a towing service must be contacted to remove the restraint from the vehicle. If the restraint is not removed within 24 hours, the vehicle will be towed at the owner’s expense. Excessive parking violations may also result in disciplinary charges and possible loss of parking privileges on campus.
- Ticket fines will be billed to the student’s or employee’s account.
- Parking in the incorrect zone
- Unregistered vehicle
- Parking in yellow painted areas
- Blocking driveway or access
- Parking on sidewalk or grass
- Parking in handicap area
- The registrant is responsible for all violations regardless of who is operating the vehicle at the time the violation occurs.
- Having your four-way flashers on does not make it acceptable to park in a restricted area (service vehicle, fire lane, handicap, etc.)
- Every attempt is made to maintain parking signs, but vehicle operators are expected to park appropriately, even in the absence of signs.
Student Parking Zones
Open ParkingIf students are unable to locate a parking space in their respective zones, they are permitted to park in open zone areas.
Street parking is available as permitted by the City of Alliance.
The University of Mount Union is not responsible for any vehicle that is stolen or damaged.
For more information, contact Campus Security by telephone at (330) 829-8721 (office) or (330) 428-1344 (patrol) or fax at (330) 829-8737.