- Alina Selby ’14
- Hometown: Finleyville, PA
- Major: Mechanical engineering
I’ve always been interested in how things work and how I can make things more efficient.
Petition to live off campus or commute
Mount Union Residency Policy
Mount Union is a residential University and as such ascribes to the belief that the residential experience can significantly contribute to a student's overall collegiate experience. Therefore, the Office of Residence Life strives to provide residential communities that focus on the living and learning process that is at the core of our University mission to prepare students for fulfilling lives, meaningful workandresponsible citizenship. In accordance with those beliefs, all full-time students, prior to their junior year, are required to live on campus unless a Petition to Live Off Campus Prior to Junior Year is submitted to and approved by the Office of Residence Life.
Exceptions will be made for the following reasons:
- Students who are living with their parent(s)/guardian(s) in their permanent residence within 45 driving miles of Mount Union.
- Married, divorced, widowed or custodial parent (documentation required).
- 22 years of age or older, prior to September 1 for that academic year.
- Possession of a Baccalaureate degree from a four-year college (documentation required).
- Served and discharged from the Armed Forces (documentation required).
- Medical or financial hardship.
Deadline for current students applying for off-campus residency is March 30 for the following academic year. Once you have checked into your residence hall for the academic year, you may not apply for off-campus residency for the same academic year.
You can print the following petition and return it to the Office of Residence Life, in HPCC as soon as possible.