Physical Therapy Coordinator, Department of Physical Therapy
Reports to: Department Chairperson and Director of Clinical Education
Fundamental Objectives of the Position: Under the supervision of the Chairperson in the Department of Physical Therapy and the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Department Coordinator will with or without accommodation provide support for the chairperson and the director of clinical education in the Department of Physical Therapy. A high level of professionalism, computer skills, and complete confidentiality is required while completing the tasks of the position which include: answering incoming telephone calls, preparing mailings, greeting all visitors, bulletin boards, announcements, preparing for events, setting up appointments and meetings, classroom materials, examinations, coordinate departmental purchases, and supporting the day-to-day operation of the department. Additionally, this person will coordinate program visits with accreditation agencies and assist with coordination of student clinical requirements. The Department Coordinator must be able to energetically and enthusiastically serve the faculty, staff, and students.
This person is expected to exercise judgment and to make decisions considered appropriate and necessary to provide the designated services, consulting with the department chairperson, director of clinical education and faculty on a regular basis.
Essential responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the efficient workflow of the department.
- Maintains the office in a professional manner.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Education with data entry, management, and retrieval of information related to clinical affiliations
- Supports the development of documentation and management of clinical education affiliation agreements
- Assists the Department Chairperson with data entry, management and retrieval of information related to the department operational budget
- Supports the Department Chairperson with documentation and management of accreditation documents
- Assists the department and its members in the preparation of budget requests, orders, reimbursements and other business requests from various offices, and appropriate professional organizations
- Issuing of purchase orders, and the payment of invoices for the department
- Assists with walk-in traffic.
- Greets visitors and receives and places phone calls and faxes as requested by the Department Chairperson, Director of Clinical Education and faculty.
- Supports the answering of incoming telephone calls; providing accurate information or referring callers to appropriate offices or persons.
- Performs all secretarial and confidential work requested by the Department Chairperson, Director of Clinical Education and faculty.
- Makes telephone arrangements and conducts routine surveys for information as requested by Department Chairperson or Director of Clinical Education.
- Responds to routine questions about the department and routes other inquiries to either the Department Chairperson or Director of Clinical Education in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Supports the needs of the faculty
- Assists faculty in teaching responsibilities by the typing and duplication of syllabi, classroom materials and examinations
- Assists faculty in their professional responsibilities by the preparation of proposals, papers, grants and articles.
- Provides assistance to the faculty with conference registration and travel arrangements.
- Provides clerical support to the search process for new faculty.
- Maintains up-to-date computer skills and proficiency in new software programs.
- Maintains and updates the directory in conjunction with the other Gallaher Hall faculty and staff.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the department chairperson or the office of the vice president for academic affairs.
Minimum Qualifications: Significant secretarial experience in a related environment is required and a Bachelor degree is preferred. Experience in an academic setting and/or health related environment is preferred. The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated experience in the successful completion of multiple projects and responsibilities. The candidate must also have the necessary skills to effectively utilize the administrative computer systems, such as, Microsoft Office products and Power Campus, D2L, the Internet, cloud based database systems and the ability to learn new applications or systems.
Applications for the position will be reviewed until it is filled. Please submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. Click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position.