About the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program
The mission of the Mount Union Physician Assistant Studies Program is to educate knowledgeable, competent, and compassionate physician assistants who, under physician supervision, provide patient care with professionalism and integrity. Read a message from the Physician Assistant Studies Program Director with a welcome to the program.
The Mount Union PA Program has been ranked as the #1 PA program in the state of Ohio by U.S. News & World Report.
The Master's of Science in Physician Assistant Studies will accomplish its mission by offering a graduate level curriculum that focuses on the development of critical thinking, professional problem solving, appreciation of human diversity and ethical leadership. Through its mission, the program will help meet the surrounding communities’ need for qualified healthcare providers.
We consider this to be one of the best physician assistant programs available because the curriculum focuses on:
- Patient-centered care that acknowledges diversity and an interdisciplinary team approach
- The impact of the U.S Healthcare Delivery System within the context of the complex societal problems that affect the individual, community and world
- The collaborative physician/PA relationship
- An understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of heath care access and needs
- The importance of life-long learning for the PA
Qualities for a good physician assistant include, but are not limited to: intelligence, an ability to understand and interact with people, a capacity for calm and reasoned judgment and a demonstrated commitment to patient care. An ideal physician assistant candidate will have a combination of life, educational and work experience that demonstrates this commitment to patient care, an understand of the PA profession and an ability to perform in both a demanding academic and professional setting.
Mount Union's Physician Assistant Program Strives to:
- Educate Physician Assistants to be excellent healthcare providers
- Produce physician assistants who are valued members of the medical team
- Provide academic and clinical opportunities to enrich the physician assistant education experience
- Promote health and preventive medicine measures
- Participate as a partner in providing the community with healthcare professionals.
Read what other students have to say about the program.
Learn more about the value of an education from Mount Union.Back to All Graduate Programs