Physician Assistant Studies Program Application
Completing the application process will take you one step closer to becoming an exceptional member of Mount Union's Physician Assistant Studies Program.
- You must apply through CASPA by the October 1 deadline.
- Interviews are required for final consideration for program entry. Following the receipt of all required documents, the application is first evaluated for completeness by the Office of Admission and designated staff. The following are considered in the decision to offer an interview: overall and science grade point averages (as calculated by CASPA), references, personal statement, and completeness of prerequisite coursework.
- A second review for compliance with program requirements and selection for personal interview is performed by the PA Program Admissions Committee and designated staff. Competitive applicants will be invited to participate in a one-day interview process. Interviews will be held on the Mount Union Campus.
All travel expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
Acceptance into the Program
Notification of acceptance into the Mount Union Physician Assistant Studies Program will be provided within sixty days of the interview. Applicants offered a seat for the current matriculating class must acknowledge acceptance within two weeks of notification and forward a signed Acceptance Form and a non-refundable $500 acceptance deposit (which will be applied toward tuition) to hold a seat in the class.
Acceptance in to the PA program is provisional pending:
- Completion of all outstanding prerequisite coursework with a grade of “C” or better.
- Completion of a physical examination and immunizations prior to matriculation. A form will be provided with the letter of acceptance to the PA program.
- All students are required to maintain adequate health insurance throughout the program. Information regarding health insurance will be required upon program acceptance.
- Documentation verifying that the applicant can meet the Technical Standards for the PA Studies Program.
- Receipt of no negative information from the background check that is inappropriate for a medical professional student.
Wait List Status
Students who are not offered a seat in the program following Interview Day may be placed on a wait list, at the recommendation of the Admissions Committee and/or the Program Director. The wait list is activated as necessary by the Program Director. A wait list is valid from the close of the interview process through the first week of classes for which the student applied. Wait listed applicants who are not advanced to a seat are not considered for admission to the following class without re-application to the program.
The Mount Union PA Studies Program requires that all students undergo background checks as part of the admission process. Forms for the required background check will be distributed with notice of program acceptance. Applicants who exhibit non-compliance with the background checks will not be given acceptance into the PA program.
Due to the challenging nature of the Mount Union PA program, no student should attempt to complete the program while maintaining employment. Class and clinical rotation schedules will not be adjusted to accommodate a student’s work schedule, and work will not be given priority over academic responsibilities.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
In conformance with state and federal guidelines, the PA Program at Mount Union is an equal opportunity educational program; this program does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race or sex. In order to protect the privacy of its applicants, information on identified individuals to third parties may be released only after receiving written permission from the candidate involved, in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) guidelines.
For More Information
For more information about the application process, please contact Laurie Scarpitti, PA Studies Program admission coordinator, at (800) 334-6682 or email email@example.com.
Schedule a campus visit today to learn more in person.