Psychology Internships provide students seeking a psychology degree with the chance to go out into the workforce and gain practical experience, which is critical to finding a job after graduation. These experiences provide an opportunity to gain practical knowledge in certain areas of concentration while allowing students to apply textbook information into the work place.
While attending the University of Mount Union, students must fulfill a capstone requirement by completing 4-16 credit hours in an internship or research setting.
Students who choose the internship route will have the opportunity to complete their capstone requirements with the following types of organizations:
- Group homes
- Child and adolescent service centers
- Drug abuse counseling agencies
- Crisis intervention agencies
- Counseling services in the schools
- Probation offices
- Mental retardation agencies
- Mental health facilities
- Other social service organizations
Psychology Internship Locations:
- Alliance City Schools
- Alliance Community Hospital
- Alliance Domestic Violence Shelter
- Alliance Pregnancy Center
- The Cleveland Clinic Center for Autism
- Copeland Oaks Retirement Community
- Mount Union’s Office of Alcohol, Drug and Wellness Education
- Pegasus Farms
- The Stuckey Family Interfaith Child Development Center
- Villa Maria Assisted Living
Schedule a campus visit today to learn more in person.