If anyone knows Dan Yard, assistant controller here at the University of Mount Union, they know he loves a deal – especially on Black Friday. From Thanksgiving afternoon into the wee hours of #SmallBusinessSaturday, you can find Dan either looting …Read more
Resources for Applicants and School Counselors
The Office of Admission is pleased that you or someone you know is considering the University of Mount Union! This page provides more information on how applicants and school counselors can ensure application materials are properly submitted to the Office of Admission. Please review the list of required materials for each applicant type below, then scroll through this page for submission details.
If you have already submitted your Mount Union application, check your app status here
Please call the Office of Admission at (800) 334-6682 or (330) 823-2590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Office of Admission reserves the right to require additional materials for review at any point during the application and review process.
- Application for admission
- Application essay
- Official high school and college coursework transcript(s)
- Official ACT/SAT
- Secondary School Report and Recommendation Form
- Application for admission
- Application essay
- Final official high school transcript
- Official college transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended
- College Instructor Reference Form
- Dean of Students Form
Please review the International Admission page
Application for Admission
Submit the online Application for Admission. We begin processing applications for each upcoming academic year on September 15. We strongly advise interested students to apply as early as possible. There is no application fee to apply for admission to Mount Union.
If you have already submitted your Mount Union application, check your app status here.
To view the application essay prompts and guidelines, click here. You may upload your application essay as a Word or PDF document when submitting the online application. You may also submit your essay through the mail, fax or email.
All transcripts must be official and forwarded to the University of Mount Union directly from the issuing academic institution using one of the following methods:
- Electronic Document Delivery Mount Union only accepts electronic documents that come from legitimate sending institutions and through the following delivery services: Naviance, Parchment Exchange, eScrip-Safe or studentclearinghouse.org. The Office of Admission will only evaluate electronic documents sent through these recognized services. If prompted for a delivery email address, email@example.com should be used in order for Mount Union to retrieve the electronic documents and use them as acceptable credentials.
- Mail Official transcripts may be mailed from the issuing academic institution directly to the address below.
University of Mount Union
Office of Admission
1972 Clark Ave
Alliance, OH 44601
Ohio Graduation Test
Currently, Ohio students are required to demonstrate proficiency on the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT). Official documentation showing proficiency or exemption must be officially submitted from your high school using one of the acceptable delivery methods indicated above.
ACT/SAT Test Scores
First-year applicants are required to submit official test results from either the ACT or SAT-I. Your scores may be reported directly to the University of Mount Union from either the testing agency, ACT.org or collegeboard.com, or an official document from your high school (see acceptable delivery methods above). Talk with your school counselor for more details on test dates, registration, and score submission.
Counselor and Reference Forms
First Year Students
First-year students may forward an electronic Secondary School Report and Recommendation form to their high school counselor while completing the online application. Alternatively, the counselor can submit a printed form using the delivery methods detailed within the form.
Transfer students must request the following forms in order to be considered for acceptance at the University of Mount Union.
- Dean's Evaluation Form This form must be submitted from your most recently attended institution. The Office of Admission reserves the right to require a Dean’s Evaluation Form from any previously attended institution. If past or pending disciplinary issues are evident, we will also require a Dean’s Evaluation Form from every institution recently attended by you.
- College Instructor Reference Form This form must be submitted from your most recently attended institution. If you have been out of school for two or more years, you may alternatively indicate a supervisor at your most recent place of employment (including military service).