Bracy Hall of Science: Science Facilities and Equipment
Bracy Hall of Science (2003)
This four-story natural sciences facility houses the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics and Astronomy, and Physician Assistant Studies. Made possible through a lead gift from Jim and Vanita (Bauknight '63) Oelschlager, the facility is named for Dr. Carl C. Bracy, sixth president of Mount Union. The 87,000-square-foot structure includes 22 laboratories of various types and sizes, three lecture halls, two classrooms, and 21 faculty offices
Clarke Astronomical Observatory (1968)
Moved in May 2003 to the south end of Bracy Hall, it was previously located at the south end of East Hall. It is the second such building to honor the memory of Dr. George Washington Clarke, professor of natural philosophy at the College. The first observatory, erected in 1924, served until it was razed to make room for the Timken Physical Education Building. The instruments, used in both observatories, are the gifts of Elmer E. Harrold of Leetonia, Ohio.