- Ryan Donaldson ’15
- Hometown: North Canton, Ohio
- Major: Medical Technology
When I graduated from high school, I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field. I was interested in becoming a medical technologist, and heard that Mount Union had an outstanding medical technology program.
Second Year Written and Oral Communication (WOC) Portfolio
You will submit the Second Year WOC portfolio at the end of your second year at Mount Union after having taken the First Year Seminar and your Foundations courses. This portfolio will be used as a mid-career checkpoint regarding your development as a writer and speaker. The portfolio will be electronic and will consist of materials that you will select from the many assignments you’ve completed in the Integrative Core up to that point. Contents will include:
- Two pieces of written communication (at least one that uses sources)
- Two pieces of oral communication that may or may not use multimedia (at least one that uses sources). These pieces will be captured on video and submitted as such. (No more than two pieces in the portfolio may come from the same class.)
- A cover letter that contextualizes the submitted pieces and points out the strengths of your development in written and oral communication.
You will receive one of the following outcomes:
If you earn a high passing or passing score, you will have completed your Second Year WOC Portfolio requirement and will continue to develop your WOC abilities in Themes, major courses and electives and then the Capstone.
If you do not receive a high passing or passing score, you will have two options. You can either revise your portfolio and resubmit it the following semester for evaluation or successfully complete a course or courses to revise your portfolio.