Second Year Written and Oral Communication (WOC) Portfolio
You will submit the Second Year WOC portfolio at the end of your second year at Mount Union after having taken the First Year Seminar and your Foundations courses. This portfolio will be used as a mid-career checkpoint regarding your development as a writer and speaker. The portfolio will be electronic and will consist of materials that you will select from the many assignments you’ve completed in the Integrative Core up to that point.
- Steps to Complete Your WOC Portfolio
- Requirements and Tips for Success
- Getting Started in ePortfolio
- Creating Your WOC Portfolio Presentation
- Converting Videos on PCs to MP4 Files
- Converting Videos on Macs to MP4 Files
- Submitting Your WOC Portfolio Presentation
Contents will include:
- Two pieces of written communication (at least one that uses sources)
- Two pieces of oral communication that may or may not use multimedia (at least one that uses sources). These pieces will be captured on video and submitted as such. (No more than two pieces in the portfolio may come from the same class.)
- A cover letter that contextualizes the submitted pieces and points out the strengths of your development in written and oral communication.
Statement of Authenticity, confirming that the work submitted is the student’s work.
Completed Consent Form, which gives students the opportunity to allow the university to use their work as examples for other students, faculty and other professors.
You will receive one of the following outcomes:
If you earn a high passing or passing score, you will have completed your Second Year WOC Portfolio requirement and will continue to develop your WOC abilities in Themes, major courses and electives and then the Capstone.
If you do not receive a high passing or passing score, you will have two options. You can either revise your portfolio and resubmit it the following semester for evaluation or successfully complete a course or courses to revise your portfolio.
The WOC Rubrics will be used to determine student scores on the Second Year WOC Portfolio. Students should pay attention to Level 2—that is the expectation for minimum proficiency at the end of the sophomore year.
Contact Info: email@example.com