Security Officer, Full-Time
The University of Mount Union is seeking a full-time Security Officer. The Office of Campus Safety and Security employs a customer service approach and is not a police force—rather, we work closely with local law enforcement and emergency providers as needed. This position reports directly to Director of Campus Safety & Security. The office prides itself on working with faculty, staff, and students to provide an optimally safe and pleasant campus environment. The department embraces the tenets of the University mission and is dedicated to helping students attain their goals related to: meaningful work, fulfilling lives, and especially responsible citizenship.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the University, Division of Student Affairs, and Office of Campus Safety & Security on campus and in the greater Alliance community.
- Respond to calls for assistance from various campus constituents (students, faculty, staff, visitors, etc.).
- Participate in processes of locking/unlocking facilities as prescribed—varies per shift.
- Patrol campus to ensure safety and security—and to maintain a visible presence.
- Serve as a parking enforcement officer—duties may include ticketing, immobilizing, and towing vehicles as needed. Assist with parking management during major campus events.
- Prepare daily report/log to reflect duties and functions performed during shift.
- Maintain regular work hours schedule but also be available for emergency on-call purposes.
- Attend trainings/workshops to maintain current perspectives on matters of campus safety and security—and/or to keep pertinent certifications up to date.
- The Security Officer must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Participate in University compliance training as communicated by the University, the Vice President of Student Affairs or the Director of Campus Safety and Security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated customer-service approach and philosophy is a must!
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and clean driving record—as defined by University policy.
- Ability to meet background check requirements—as defined by University policy.
- Other training/certifications that would be desired and/or helpful for the position:
- First aid/CPR
- Diversity training
Click on the “Apply Now” button below to apply for this position. Please attach a letter of interest, resume, and references.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Additionally, all offers of employment are contingent upon successful background screening.