Senior Class Gift Projects
Philanthropy, like many things, begins at home, whether it be one’s childhood home or Mount Union, the home-away-from-home for our students. Each year, members of the senior class work closely with the Office of the Mount Union Fund to establish a concept for a ‘Senior Class Gift’. In doing so, the officers begin the process of educating members of the class about the importance of giving back so that future generations may benefit from the generous gift.
The idea of a concentrated effort for the senior class is a newer concept in the history of the University, only haven taken shape over the last decade or so. However, for years, students have generously supported projects on campus, leaving their legacy for future generations to witness.
Below is a list of senior class gifts to date. As you can see, stronger, organized giving by our senior class is seen in the past 15-20 years.
|1893||Sandstone inset in the bricks of the Columbian Gates on Union Avenue|
|1966||Victory bell located in the Mount Union Stadium|
|1982||Cornerstone by the entrance of Tolerton and Hood Hall of Science|
|1994||Area beautification at the bridge at the Lakes|
|1996||Sandstone at the entrance of the Hoover Price Campus Center|
|1997||Fountain at the Lakes|
|2001||Gazebo near the Lakes|
|2003||Brick walkway by the Lakes|
|2004||Fountain in front of the Hoover Price Campus Center|
|2005||Brick walkway and flowering trees by the Lakes|
|2006||Courtyard of Hartshorn Village|
|2007||Brick walkway leading to the bridge/renovation and redesign of bridge|
|2008||Plaza at the newly renovated entrance of the McPherson Health and Wellness Center|
|2009||First-floor lounge in the newly renovated McPherson Health and Wellness Center|
|2010||Computer Lab in the newly renovated Engineering and Business Building|
|2011||Lounge in the McPherson Academic and Athletic Complex|
|2012||Two recreational court areas in the northern quad formed by Shields Residence Hall and Bica-Ross Residence Hall.|
|2013||The clock tower, located in the Chapman grove, between Chapman Hall and King Hall.|