- Kelly Slutz ’14
- Hometown: Smithville, Ohio
- Major: Spanish and Sociology
When I was in high school, I knew I wanted to attend a college that had strong academics, recreational opportunities and lots of different ways to get involved. I also wanted to attend a university that was committed to the environment and the community, and I felt like all of these things were important at Mount Union.
Sociology Learning Objectives
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the scientific method and its application through qualitative and quantitative research designs used in sociology.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of both general sociological theory as well as middle range theory unique to the substantive areas within sociology.
- Students will demonstrate competence in communicating mastery of sociological knowledge in both written and oral form.
- Students will demonstrate competence in applying sociological knowledge to real life situations.