- Katie Fuller ’16
- Hometown: Akron, OH
- Major: Spanish and Biology
I love going to the Nature Center. When it’s warm outside, it’s nice to be able to take a hike to unwind.
Spanish Major and Minor Requirements
Requirements for the Major in Spanish
The major in Spanish consists of 32 or 36 semester hours of study in the target language, depending on the student’s point of entry into the program. Students who have passed the Mount Union proficiency test must complete 32 semester hours. Those who have not passed the University of Mount Union proficiency test must complete 36 semester hours. Every language major must complete a minimum of 6 semester hours in a department-approved study abroad program as part of the total hours for the major. At least two 300-level courses and one 400-level course, one of which must be completed on the Mount Union campus, are required of all students.
Requirements for the Minor in Spanish
The minor in Spanish consists of 16 or 20 semester hours of study in the target language, depending on the student’s point of entry into the program. Students who have passed the Mount Union proficiency test are required to complete 16 semester hours. Those who have not passed the University of Mount Union proficiency test must complete 20 semester hours. No more than 4 semester hours of departmental credit for courses taught in English may count toward the minor.
- Elementary Spanish I
- Elementary Spanish II
- Spanish-language Cinema
- Introduction to Hispanic Literature
- Introduction to Hispanic Civilization
- Introduction to Hispanic Theatre
- Spanish and Spanish-American Pop Culture.
- Travel Seminar
- Gender and Ethnicity in Spanish-American Literature
- Spanish and Spanish-American Culture and Civilization
- Hispanic Literature in Translation
- Spanish for Traveling and Living Abroad
- Spanish for the Professions
- Hispanic Perspectives on U.S. Society
- Spanish Across the Curriculum
- Translating Spanish
- Spanish-American Readings
- Hispanic Cinema and Art
- Peninsular Spanish Readings
- Methods of Teaching Spanish
- Practicum in the Teaching of Spanish
- Teaching Spanish in the Elementary School
- Advanced Special Topics
- Teaching Assistant Practicum – Spanish