Sport Business Resources
The University of Mount Union Library provides access to these resources for use by Mount Union students, faculty and staff. Indexes for general research are listed at the top of the page with subject specific resources below. Off-campus access is possible using your name and barcode as found on your Purple Plus Card (barcode number begins 27048, please use the entire number). Please direct questions you may have about these resources to a University Librarian at 330-823-3795 or 330-257-5742 (texting).
General Research Databases:
- Academic Search Complete
Index, abstracts, and full text for many scholarly publications covering all academic areas of study
- Academic Video Online: Premium
A multidisciplinary collection of streaming video featuring over 50,000 videos and growing
- EJC - Electronic Journal Center
Full text of 6000+ research journals
- Films on Demand
Over 8200 full-length streaming video programs from academic and commercial publishers including PBS, BBC, CNBC, Films for the Humanities and Sciences, Bill Moyers Journal, the News Hour with Jim Lehrer
- Image Quick View (searches Academic Search Complete)
- ISI Web of Knowledge
Portal to Web of Science, providing high quality, diversified scholarly information in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities
Full text scholarly journals in the Arts & Sciences, Business, Language and Literature
- Lexis Nexis Academic
Full text news, business, legal, medical, and reference information
- Media Education Foundation
Streaming videos for the arts and sciences
- NYTimes.com - online version of The New York Times
- Digital access requires an account which user MUST set up at www.NYTIMES.com/Pass using their Mount Union email address
- Once account is created and verified user will have access for 364 days using that account information – please renew password from the UMU Library website when account expires using links on Library webpages for Subject Research or Newspapers
- Users will have unlimited access to The New York Times archived articles before 1923 and after 1980. Access during those years is limited to 5 free articles per day.
- NYTimesinEducation.com - user must create their own login account to use this resource.
- Sage Stats
A download and visualization tool for data about U.S. states, counties, cities, metropolitan areas, and governments covering topics such as employment, crime, religion, education, politics, business and industry.
Sport Business Research Databases:
- Business Source Complete
Index,abstracts, and full text covering scholarly business journals on management, economics, finance, accounting, international business and much more
Columbia International Affairs Online, access to journals, working papers, economic indicators, policy briefs, books, maps and country data
- Country Watch
Full text information on the people, history, economy, environment, of countries of the world; news articles, key data and complete country reviews available for downloading
- Legal Collection
Information about any sport business topic, marketing, media, specific sports, sporting goods products, sponsorship, e-commerce, etc.
- Sport Discus w/ Full Text
- Sports Medicine and Exercise Science in Video
- Statistical Abstract US (Proquest)
- Thomas Reuters Westlaw Campus Research
- Thomas Reuters Westlaw Patron Access - Ohio Jurisprudence 3d
Access to Ohio Jurisprudence is available by navigating to the tab for “State Materials”, then clicking on “Ohio”, then look for “Secondary Sources” where you will find Ohio Jurisprudence 3d
- Wall Street Journal - coverage includes 1984 to present