Starfish How-To and Other Resources
Starfish takes just a bit of time to set up and get used to, so we’ve compiled several How-to Guides and helpful resources for you.
For Faculty and Staff
In order to get started, you will need to set up your profile, add office hours, and learn about flags. Check out the "Getting Started Guide" for more information on these steps!
- For even more detailed information on Starfish Connect, such as how to sync your Outlook calendar, add advising notes and more, you can also check out the "Users Guide to Starfish Connect."
- You can also explore more ideas on how to use Starfish by clicking on the links below.
Flags, Kudos, To-Do's and Referrals are all tracking items available through Starfish. For more details about tracking items, including who can raise and view them, click the links below.
- Raising Flags and Giving Kudos
- Sending To-Dos and Referrals
- Message Templates for all tracking item
For visual assistance, you can also review these helpful videos about using Starfish:
- Starfish Basics video
- Updating your Starfish profile
- Adding office hours
- Respond to a progress survey
- Closing the Loop (or clearing a flag)
- Update your email notifications for Alert and Referral items
- Update your email notifications for appointments