- Zak Suhar ’13
- Hometown: Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- Major: Management and Spanish
Mount Union gives you all the necessary tools and guidance to excel. Use the resources offered to exercise your passion.
Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS)
Mount Union is Assessing its current level of sustainability and is a pilot campus for the AASHE STARS program.
STARS is a voluntary, self-reporting framework for gauging relative progress toward sustainability for colleges and universities. STARS is designed to:
- Provide a guide for advancing sustainability in all sectors of higher education, from governance and operations to academics and community engagement.
- Enable meaningful comparisons over time and across institutions by establishing a common standard of measurement for sustainability in higher education.
- Create incentives for continual improvement toward sustainability.
- Facilitate information sharing about higher education sustainability practices and performance.
- Build a stronger, more diverse campus sustainability community and promote a comprehensive understanding of sustainability that includes its social, economic and environmental dimensions.