- Courtney Reese ’15
- Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio
- Major: Marketing
I chose to attend Mount Union because of the small class sizes and the one-on-one attention students receive from professors. At the University, you aren’t just a number. Professors really care about you and your progress in and outside of the classroom. They also are really approachable and personable.
Regula Center for Public Service
The Regula Center is home to a variety of community based opportunities that allow students to prepare for careers in public service or simply get involved in the community. Home to the Dowling Mentor Program, Regula Scholars, Sophomore Service Honorary, the Continued Learning Program and LINC, the Center provides a wide ranges of programming for our students and the community. Additionally, the Center coordinates monthly Regula Breakfasts, annual community service projects including the MLK Day of Service and the Community-wide Thanksgiving Dinner and political interest trips for students.
Regula Center Staff
Director, the Regula Center
The Ralph and Mary Regula Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement was created to support Mount Union’s mission to prepare students for fulfilling lives, meaningful work and responsible citizenship by being the place where members of the campus and wider community can work collaboratively in service of the greater good. It is the mission of the Center to prepare students to pursue careers in public service, promote community engagement, enhance teaching and learning, and build partnerships through the development of service-learning and community service opportunities, academic and co-curricular programs in public service, and community-based research initiatives.
The vision of the Ralph and Mary Regula Center for Public Service and Civic Engagement is four-fold:
- Mount Union will become a significant conduit of prepared and motivated individuals seeking careers in local, state, and federal government in a wide variety of capacities.
- Having access to a comprehensive service-learning and community service program will allow students opportunities to become involved in activities which lead to the enhancement of their long-term commitment to civic engagement, social responsibility, and public service.
- The academic and intellectual climate of Mount Union will be enhanced by expanding beyond the boundaries of the traditional classroom.
- Mount Union will have a lasting, positive effect on the broader community by developing partnerships and conducting research designed to address key community needs and respond to important social problems.