- Courtney Reese ’15
- Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio
- Major: Marketing
I chose to attend Mount Union because of the small class sizes and the one-on-one attention students receive from professors. At the University, you aren’t just a number. Professors really care about you and your progress in and outside of the classroom. They also are really approachable and personable.
The Robert Herman Carr Historical Room
The purpose of the Robert Herman Carr Historical Room is to centrally house, preserve, and provide access to the history of the college since its founding in 1846. This facility is located on the third floor of the older wing of the University of Mount Union Library.
The historical collection was established by Robert Herman Carr ( ’02) , the first business manager of the college, who collected and preserved those original materials that would become the nucleus of the collection. The special efforts of N. Yost Osborne (’36), head librarian and college historian from 1955-1985, helped to further accumulate, compile, and organize this collection.
The room was renovated in 1990 with the generous gift donations of the Robert S. Kunkel family and David (’44) and Mary Beth Carr McFarland (’44). Numerous improvements included upgrading the lighting, heating, and humidity control.
All pictures in the Historical Room are available for loan to on-campus faculty, students and staff. Please contact Alan Zahorsky at email@example.com or (330) 823-3879 for further information. View our collection.
- A Collection of about 5600 acid-free envelopes containing the correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photos pertaining to the campus, buildings, societies, academics, athletics, and administration and faculty
- Mount Union catalogs, Bulletins, Dynamos, Unonians, Calliopes, faculty and trustee minutes and reports
- The Hymnal Collection of approximately 200 editions
- The Alumni Collection of books and articles written by early alumni of the college
- The Ohio Collection of selective volumes pertaining to the early history of northeast Ohio
- The I.T. Headland Collection of books written about early Chinese life and culture
- The Dr. Lester D. Crow and Dr. Alice von Bauer Crow collection of educational books
- The Kunkel Family collection
- The Commemorative Mount Union College plate collection