- Megan Ostrofsky ‘16
- Hometown: North Canton, Ohio
- Major: Theatre and Middle Education
I can get personal attention from all my professors in and out of the classroom because there aren’t an overwhelming number of students.
Theatre Learning Objectives
Theatre students will benefit from a foundation in all aspects of theatre and will have opportunities to participate actively in campus theatre productions. A major in theatre will help you gain knowledge in theory, history, literature and criticism.
The department of theatre productions will supplement classroom study, providing hands-on experience. Exposure to acting, lighting, sound, properties and stage and box office management will prepare you for career success.
On-campus opportunities include independent research, workshops and guest lectures.
Theatre Learning Objectives:
- effectively apply analytical and critical skills in understanding and evaluating play scripts, theatrical performances, and theatre criticism
- demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental skills important to each area of theatrical production: acting, directing, design, technical production
- develop at least foundational proficiency in the practice of one of the above areas of theatrical production
- recognize and solve problems inherent in ethical theatrical production
- demonstrate an understanding of the history of theatre, with particular attention to the evolution of stylistic and aesthetic trends
- communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing