- Courtney Reese ’15
- Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio
- Major: Marketing
I chose to attend Mount Union because of the small class sizes and the one-on-one attention students receive from professors. At the University, you aren’t just a number. Professors really care about you and your progress in and outside of the classroom. They also are really approachable and personable.
Transfer Student Information
As a transfer student, you may have questions about how to make the transition to Mount Union. Hopefully, the following information about the transfer process will help. If you have other questions or concerns you'd like to discuss, please call the Office of Admission at 800-334-6682 to speak with Jess Canavan. You may also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you as you complete your education at the University of Mount Union!
Admission by Transfer:
- Applications are accepted throughout the year for Fall or Spring semester enrollment at Mount Union. Transcripts are required from all previous institutions attended and all previous college work is considered as part of the admission review. No candidate will be considered for admission without a minimum earned cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 (on an A = 4.0 scale; 2.0 = C) from the most recently attended instutiton.
- At the time of acceptance, The Mount Union Office of Registration will evaluate all transcripts in order to determine transferable credit.
- For courses to transfer, they must:
- have been earned at a regionally accredited college or university.
- reflect a grade of "C" or higher.
- be in an equivalent program offered by Mount Union.
Please click here to view Mount Union's Academic Programs
A student who has been registered for one or more courses in another college, with the exception of those students who enrolled under the Post-Secondary Enrollment Option, is classified as a transfer student. Failure to report attendance at another college or university, whether or not credit was granted, may result in suspension from the University of Mount Union.
Student must submit:
- Transfer Application Please click this link to reach our online application (no fee).
- Required Application Essay
- Official Transcripts from all institutions previously attended
- Dean's Evaluation Form from most previously attended institution (If past or pending disciplinary issues are evident, we will also require a Dean of Students Form from every institution recently attended by you.)
- College Instructor Reference Form from most recently attended institution
- Official Final High School Transcript
All application information should be directed to:
University of Mount Union
Office of Admission
1972 Clark Avenue
Alliance, OH 44601
Financial Aid Process:
Students should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ to determine financial aid eligibility for need based financial aid. The federal school code for Mount Union is 003083.
Academic scholarship is available to the transfer student, depending upon the high school and college academic performance. A financial aid award letter will be sent after the student has been accepted to the university.