Cheyanne Gonzales '18

Major: Writing
Hometown:Alliance, Ohio

I've lived in Alliance my whole life. I knew I wanted to stay close to home when I started researching colleges, and I realized that Mount Union was the perfect fit for me. The academics are strong and there is plenty to get involved in on campus. Not to mention, the campus is amazing.

Transfer Students: Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I have to submit my high school transcripts?
High school transcripts not only assist the admission review committee in seeing a full picture of your academic preparedness for Mount Union’s curriculum, but they also allow us to verify that you received a diploma.

Why does the Dean of my previous school need to check a box to complete my application?
The Dean’s Evaluation shows us whether you are in good standing or not at your current or previous institution(s), which is a requirement for admission to Mount Union. Additionally, conduct issues are considered in admission decisions.

Why can’t Mount Union share information with my parents?
Mount Union adheres to federal policy that an applicant’s educational record is his/her property and as institution does not have the right to release information within the record. Read more about FERPA online.

How long does it take to hear back about whether or not I’ve been accepted?
Once an application for admission is completed, it moves through a review process. It may be determined that additional documentation or information is required to support your application for admission. The volume of applications being processed by the office of admission during any given time can also impact the time it takes for your application to be reviewed and an admission decision reached. Rest assured, the review committee will work as quickly as possible and keep you informed along the way as they reach an appropriate admission decision.

How can I check on the status of my application?
Applicants may check their application status by logging in to their application account or by calling the Office of Admission at 1-800-992-6682.

How do I figure out if my credits transfer?
In order to be eligible for acceptance to the University of Mount Union Academic Record, a transferred course must:

  • Have been earned at a regionally accredited college or university.
  • Reflect a grade of “C” or higher.
  • Be in an equivalent program offered by Mount Union.

Through the Office of Admission, a transfer student can request a pre-credit evaluation to be completed by the Office of the Registrar.

How do I apply for financial aid?
A student can apply for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at The Office of Student Financial Services can be reached at 1-877-543-9185 or

Get Social with #MountUnion

Check out our Mobile Apps >


  • The Importance of a Campus Visit

    Published: 6/5/2018 10:57:25 AM

    BY: Eric Young, Director of Admission, University of Mount Union

    As the school year winds down and students begin to make summer plans, one activity that should be on your mind is to schedule campus visits to a few colleges …

    Read more
To The Top!