- Alina Selby ’14
- Hometown: Finleyville, PA
- Major: Mechanical engineering
I’ve always been interested in how things work and how I can make things more efficient.
Transportation Policy Guide
The University of Mount Union makes every effort to provide the following transportation services to full-time Mount Union students officially registered as being a citizen of a country other than the United States, or to U.S. citizens whose official residence is outside the state of Ohio.
Transportation requests received from U.S. citizens residing outside of the state of Ohio will be limited to travel to and from their home state.
Transportation for students will be provided up to five days before classes begin or five days after the semester ends, fall and spring semesters. Students registered for summer classes who need airport transportation can make individual arrangements with the Center for Global Education.
Akron Canton Airport
The University of Mount Union will provide transportation for all arrivals and departures from the Akron Canton (CAK) Regional Airport.
Akron Canton Airport offers opportunities for travel and connections to international flights. Airlines servicing the Akron Canton Regional Airport include the following.
- AirTran Airways/Southwest
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
Connections can be made through the following cities.
Connections to/from Europe:
- Boston MA (BOS)
- New York NY (LGA)
- Philadelphia PA (PHL)
- Charlotte NC (CLT)
- Washington DC, (DCA)
Connections to/from Latin America:
- Orlando FL (MCO)
- Fort Myers FL (RSW)
- Tampa FL (TPA)
Connections to/from Europe and Asia:
- Atlanta GA (ATL)
Connections to/from Asia:
- Detroit MI (DTW)
- Chicago IL (ORD)
- Denver CO (DEN)
Canton Bus Station
All transportation to and from the Canton Bus Station on approved dates will continue to be provided free of charge to all full-time out-of-state and international students.
For arrivals, students are asked to wait at Door 5 and the driver will look for you there. Please understand that delays in the arrival of the driver can happen, but if you have waited more than 30 minutes, please call (800) 992-6682, ext. 7493 or (330) 428- 4575.
For departures, transportation will be provided to the door of the terminal building, where you will be dropped off along with your luggage.
Policies and Procedures
Students using transportation services must do the following.
- Travel plans must be provided to the Center for Global Education by the stated deadline on the Transportation Schedule. Please complete the Online Transportation Request Form by the published deadline. Failure to notify the Center for Global Education will result in denial of transportation. Carry the following phone numbers for the Center for Global Education while in transit.
- (330) 823-7288 (office)
- (800) 992-6682 (toll free)
- (330) 428-1344 (campus security)
Notification of changes in arrival/ departure times must be given whenever possible. If you are living on campus, you also must comply with the following.
- You must request permission from the Office of Residence Life in writing (email@example.com) if you wish to move in prior to the official moving days. Returning students are not permitted to move back more than three days before the semester begins. New students will receive arrival information on required orientation dates.
- If prior arrangements have been made, room keys can be picked up at the Information Desk in the HPCC.
- If you have not made prior arrival arrangements, Campus Security WILL NOT provide access to your room. You must request access the next business day with the Office of Residence Life.
- Students are required to notify the Office of Residence Life if they will remain on campus during the official winter break period.
Airport and bus station transportation are special services that are not guaranteed. We promise to make every effort to provide transportation when possible; however, there might be situations when transportation cannot be provided. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Transportation before, after or during times when a student is scheduled to be in class
- Travel which occurs on a national, University or religious holiday or holiday period when it would be inappropriate to require a driver to provide this service.
Please refer to the current shuttle schedule for available days and times.