Morgyn Miller ‘18

Major: NSFIA
Hometown:Barberton, Ohio

Mount Union professors really make an effort to get to know their students and build relationships with them.

Travel Abroad

Traveling Outside the United States

International students planning to leave the U.S. for summer break or holidays should plan ahead!  You’ll want to make sure you have the proper documents for travel and re-entry into the United States:

  • Valid Passport.  Must be valid at least 6 months ahead of time when re-entering the U.S.
  • Valid F-1 or J-1 Visa.  Make sure your visa isn’t going to expire while you’re out of the country!  If it is, plan to attend a visa renewal appointment in your home country before returning.
  • I-20 or DS-2019 Travel Signature.  All F-1 and J-1 students must have a valid travel signature from a DSO (Designated School Official for F-1 students) or RO (Responsible Officers for J-1 students) to re-enter the U.S.  Travel signatures are valid for 1 year.  Visit the Office of International Admissions or the Office of International Student Services to obtain this signature.

Traveling to and from Canada, Mexico and Neighboring Islands

Travel to Canada is handled a bit differently than travel to other countries. In fact, you cannot enter Canada from the U.S. without a valid I-20 or DS-2019. Students from certain countries will need a Canadian entry visa to enter Canada.  Please check the Government of Canada’s website for further information:

If you are taking a trip of fewer than 30 days to Canada, Mexico, or neighboring islands (Bermuda, Bahamas, and all Caribbean islands except Cuba), you may reenter the U.S. even if your F-1 or J-1 Visa has expired.

Get Social with #MountUnion

Check out our Mobile Apps >


  • A Coffee for Your Thoughts

    Published: 4/26/2018 9:22:08 AM

    BY: Cheyanne Gonzales ’18

    With finals week starting here at the University of Mount Union, there is no escaping the stress-induced late nights spent in the library. The last of our assignments are due and the glimmer of light at …

    Read more
To The Top!