Tristan Bender '20
Hometown: Loudonville, Ohio
Member of the football team
Hearing about Mount Union
I heard about Mount Union from my head high school football coach who was an alum.
A Well-Connected University
I like Mount Union's tradition, from the fan base in football to all the alumni that help connect Raiders to jobs and internships all over. It seems no matter where I end up there is someone there that has an affiliation with Mount.
Adjusting to College Life
The demand of my schedule forced me to adjust to college. I had to learn how to balance football and nursing courses with good time management.
Choosing to be a Nurse
I have always been interested in the medical field and nursing is a great way to get involved and help people. I want to be a nurse who can make a difference is someone’s day to day life. Mount Union is supplying me with the knowledge and skills to do just that.
So far my favorite class is Health Assessment & Physical Examination because I am finally getting to use things learned in the classroom in the field more.
My favorite professor is Dr. Nezam Al-Nsair. When I joined the nursing program he told me it was going to be difficult and was straightforward with me, but he, along with the other nursing professors, have been extremely helpful on my journey.
Advice to Future Students
Enjoy college. These are some of the best times of your life. Stay focused on where you want to go and what you have to do, but balance that with things you enjoy. Talk to people and create relationships that will outlast college.
I want to be a nurse who can make a difference is someone’s day to day life. Mount Union is supplying me with the knowledge and skills to do just that.
- Do you prefer Macs or PCs?
- What's your favorite holiday and why?
- The 4th of July because my family and I always go to Lake Erie to watch the fireworks ever year.
- What's your favorite quote/motto?
- Many are called, but few are chosen. (Matthew 22:14)
- What's your guilty pleasure TV show?
- I enjoy watching Grey’s Anatomy.
- What's your favorite app?
- The Mount Union App. It helps me remember my class schedule and stay up to date on grades.