UMU ISRC to hold “New Insights Into Obesity” event Feb. 20
February 01, 2016
ALLIANCE, Ohio – The Inter-Science Research Club (ISRC) at the University of Mount Union will host a Continuing Education and fundraising event titled “New Insights Into Obesity” on Saturday, February 20 from 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the Alliance Country Club.
The event will help support professionals seeking Continuing Educational Units (CEUs) in the fields of strength training, physical therapy, nursing, nutrition and biochemistry; the event is also open to the public.
Featured presentations scheduled for the event are:
- “Hidden Factors Making Us Fat” – Lonnie Lowery, PhD, RD
- “Fit and Fat? Unique Challenges Face by College Athletes” – MC Powers, CSCS
- “Ethical Issues and the Treatment of Obese Patients” – Bob Frampton, PT, DHCE
- “More Than Skin Deep: Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Opportunities in Obesity” – Keith Miller, PhD
The six-hour event will feature catered breakfast and lunch, as well as silent auction baskets and drawings, benefitting the ISRC of Mount Union.
Silent auction basket bidding will begin on the days leading up to the event on:
- Wednesday, February 17, 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 19, 8:15 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
All basket bidding prior to the event will take place in room 1345 of the Macpherson Academic and Athletic Complex (MAAC) and Bracy Hall on Mount Union’s campus.
Tickets for the event are all-inclusive and are $75 for professional and community attendees, $25 for Mount Union students with valid college ID and $35 for students from other institutions with valid college ID.
Those attending can pay via cash, check or credit card at the event, or can mail checks prior to the event to: University of Mount Union, 1972 Clark Ave., Alliance, Ohio, 44601, Attn: Laura Keyes, HPSB Coordinator.
Alliance Country Club is located at 725 E Milton St., Alliance, Ohio, 44601, minutes from the Mount Union campus.
For more information on the event, email Dr. Lonnie Lowery at firstname.lastname@example.org.