- Ryan Donaldson ’15
- Hometown: North Canton, Ohio
- Major: Medical Technology
When I graduated from high school, I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the medical field. I was interested in becoming a medical technologist, and heard that Mount Union had an outstanding medical technology program.
Mount Union consistently fares well in national rankings, which only confirms what we have long known at the University – we offer an exceptional educational experience that is truly a formula for alumni success – one that combines outstanding academic preparation with critical hands-on experience.
- This year, Mount Union was ranked sixth among regional colleges in the Midwest, which includes the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin, by U.S. News and World Report. This was the 23rd consecutive year that Mount Union has appeared in this annual listing of the best colleges and universities.
- Mount Union was also ranked 8th in U.S. News and World Report’s 2014 listing of Best Values in the Midwest Regional Colleges category.
- The University was named one of the top schools in Ohio for the greatest lifetime return on investment by AffordableCollegesOnline.org.
- Mount Union was also ranked in the top 13% of four-year, accredited private and public colleges and universities nationally by Forbes.
- Mount Union was ranked among the top 40 baccalaureate colleges and universities in the nation in Washington Monthly’s 2013 rankings. Mount Union is ranked 38th among the 350 institutions that the publication included in the category.
- The University has been included in the Princeton Review’s Guide to 322 Green Colleges for three consecutive years.
- Mount Union received a bronze rating from the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS), making it the first institution in Ohio to receive a STARS rating.
- The University has been cited for three consecutive years with Tree Campus USA recognition by the Arbor Day Foundation in honor of the institution’s commitment to effective community forestry management.
- For the seventh consecutive year, the University of Mount Union has been named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for exemplary service efforts and service to America’s communities.
- Mount Union finished 33rd in the nation in the final 2012-13 Learfield Sports Directors Cup NCAA Division III standings as the highest ranked NCAA Division III institution in Ohio.
- Ohio Magazine has recognized members from the University of Mount Union faculty with its Excellence in Education Award including Dr. Beth Canfield-Simbro, Dr. Jamie Capuzza, Sandra Ekstrand, Dr. Ronald Mendel, Dr. Peter Schneller, Dr. Robert Ekey, Dr. Patricia Boehm, Dr. Helen Muga, Dr. Scott Mason, Sharon Luke, Betsy Ekey, Dr. Jeffrey Draves, Dr. Mandy Capel, Dr. Grant Cook and Dr. Nicole Johnson.