AccessScience is an encyclopedia of science and technology that contains encyclopedia articles, dictionary terms, biographies, research updates, and science news and technology.
The OED is the definitive record of the English language, featuring 600000 words, 3 million quotations, and over 1000 years of English.
It is not necessary to login to this database from its homepage. Simply put your search terms in the “search box.”
Oxford Research Encyclopedias contain in-depth, peer-reviewed summaries on a range of topics.
This resource provides full-text of about 100 dictionaries, language reference, and subject reference works from Oxford University Press. It includes or has links to full-text.
- Thousands of illustrations, including color photographs, line diagrams, maps, and tables
- Regular updates throughout the year provide you with an immediate, current, and growing body of work
- 'Did you know?' and 'News' RSS feeds deliver facts and the latest books published directly to your inbox
When using this database off-campus:
Please enter the username munion and the password union to access the resource.
Scholastic Go is a resource for K-12 children. It includes eight encyclopedia databases: Encyclopedia Americana, Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, The New Book of Knowledge, La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre, America the Beautiful, Lands and Peoples, Amazing Animals of the World, and The New Book of Popular Science.
These are the individual titles that are on the webpage below:
- Scholastic GO! Grolier Online - Encyclopedia Americana
- Scholastic GO! Grolier Online - Lands and People
- Scholastic GO! Grolier Online - Multimedia Encyclopedia
- Scholastic GO! Grolier Online - New Book of Knowledge
- Scholastic GO! Grolier Online - New Book of Popular Science
- Scholastic GO! Grolier Online - Nueva Encyclopedia Cumbre