ANTI-RACISM TASK FORCE CHARGE
The anti-racism task force is charged with
- Recruitment of task force participants to include representation from across the entire campus community, including faculty, staff, and students.
- Inventory our current efforts dedicated to anti-racism, recommending new initiatives, setting goals for improvement, and evaluating our impact. Recognize the work underway through entities currently on campus, such as the Diversity Initiatives Steering Committee and the Student Senate
- Initiate activities that raise awareness of anti-racism issues on campus, such as Real Raider Talk or the Race Card Activity.
TIME FRAME FOR WORK AND DELIVERABLE
The Anti-Racism Task Force will provide a report on its inventory efforts and make recommendations for next steps for the current year and the upcoming academic years. An interim report is requested during the fall 2020 semester and a summary report during the spring 2021 semester.
The co-chairs will work with the relevant, key offices on campus, including the Faculty Senate, Support Staff Advisory Council, and Student Senate, to identify and invite the members of this task force.
Ron Holden, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Ron Holden serves as the assistant dean of students and director of diversity and inclusion at Mount Union. He has been in this role since 2015 and has been involved with institutional diversity initiatives since 2010. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Baker University and a Master of Arts degree in higher education administration from the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Dr. Niki Johnson, Professor of Philosophy and Religious Studies
Dr. Niki Johnson is a professor of philosophy and religious studies and the chair of the Department of Interdisciplinary and Liberal Studies at Mount Union. She has been with the institution for 13 years and teaches a variety of courses in the peace-building and social justice program. She earned a Doctor of Theology degree from Boston University, a Master of Arts degree in applied theology from Wheeling Jesuit University, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and religion from Westminster College.
- Armon Cook, Student
- Jordyn Granito, Student
- Alejandra Twiss, Student
- Dominic Zappa, Student
- Dawn Adams, Director of International Student Services
- Caitlin Clark, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Administration, and Inclusion
- Michael Gregg, Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
- Mike Parnell, Interim Athletic Director
- Caitie Shimp, Assistant Director of the Mount Union Fund
- Eric Young, Director of Admission
- Danielle Cordaro, Associate Professor of English and Director of the Center for Faculty Development
- Anne Christo-Baker, Professor of Business Administration and Chair of the Department of Business Administration
- Aaron Howell, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Carla Sarratt, Director of Libraries
- Tim Campbell, University Counselor
WORKING GROUPS AND CONTACTS
- Campus Climate Assessment: Aaron Howell
- Curriculum: Danielle Cordaro
- Athletics: Mike Parnell
- Marketing and Messaging: Carla Sarratt
- Policies and Procedures: Caitie Shimp