ANTI-RACISM TASK FORCE CHARGE
The anti-racism task force is charged with
- Recruitment of task force participants to include representation from across the entire campus community, including faculty, staff, and students.
- Inventory our current efforts dedicated to anti-racism, recommending new initiatives, setting goals for improvement, and evaluating our impact. Recognize the work underway through entities currently on campus, such as the Diversity Initiatives Steering Committee and the Student Senate
- Initiate activities that raise awareness of anti-racism issues on campus, such as Real Raider Talk or the Race Card Activity.
TIME FRAME FOR WORK AND DELIVERABLE
The Anti-Racism Task Force will provide a report on its inventory efforts and make recommendations for next steps for the current year and the upcoming academic years. An interim report is requested during the fall 2020 semester and a summary report during the spring 2021 semester.
The co-chairs will work with the relevant, key offices on campus, including the Faculty Senate, Support Staff Advisory Council, and Student Senate, to identify and invite the members of this task force.
Ron Holden, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Dr. Niki Johnson, Professor of Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Armon Cook, Student
- Jordyn Granito, Student
- Alejandra Twiss, Student
- Dominic Zappa, Student
- Dawn Adams, Director of International Student Services
- Caitlin Clark, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Administration, and Inclusion
- Michael Gregg, Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
- Mike Parnell, Interim Athletic Director
- Caitie Shimp, Assistant Director of the Mount Union Fund
- Eric Young, Director of Admission
- Danielle Cordaro, Associate Professor of English and Director of the Center for Faculty Development
- Anne Christo-Baker, Professor of Business Administration and Chair of the Department of Business Administration
- Aaron Howell, Assistant Professor of Sociology
- Carla Sarratt, Director of Libraries
- Tim Campbell, University Counselor