The Chinese program at the University of Mount Union allows students to gain valuable skills to communicate with diverse others in the United States and around the world. At Mount Union, students will develop a foundational knowledge and understanding of the Chinese language and culture for further study.
The minor in Chinese is administered by the Department of World Languages and Cultures, which additionally offers programs in French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
Chinese at Mount Union Quick Facts
- Students minoring in Chinese will gain hands-on experience through study abroad opportunities, independent research, and research with faculty or other students.
- Alpha Mu Gamma is a national foreign language honorary.
- Chinese Club is a student-led organization on campus that seeks to organize and promote the study of the Chinese language and activities at Mount Union.
- Association of International Students is a student-led organization on Mount Union's campus that works with international and domestic students to create a community on campus for people of all cultures and nationalities to build friendships and create understanding.
- Study Abroad Club is a student-led organization that seeks to provide a community to those who have studied abroad through sharing cultural experiences and also wish to continue an interest in international education.