The master’s in exercise and nutrient metabolism at the University of Mount Union leverages a combination of exercise science and nutrition with the entrepreneurial spirit to develop leaders, academics, inventors, and managers in fields related to food science, fitness, and nutrient metabolism. The new program is expected to launch upon the appropriate *pending external approvals.
Rooted in an institutional history of science education with a recent and successful emphasis on the health sciences, this program features a commitment to flexibility and convenience via online coursework and a curriculum tailored to allow student exploration into what they love most about the science of health and wellness.
Why the M.S. in Exercise and Nutrient Metabolism at Mount Union?
- Students perform their own research and development with the support of scientists, writers, nutritionists, and business professionals
- Benefit from Mount Union’s existing and growing relationships and partnerships with local healthcare and industry providers
- Access to modern laboratories that are well-equipped to investigate a variety of scientific questions involving human metabolism and food
- Although a traditional program, online coursework will allow students to undertake a portion of their curriculum without physically attending classes
- Paid assistantships are available
- An accelerated 3+2 option allows undergraduate students to earn a bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years
*Program approvals are pending from the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).