Visual and Performing Arts scholarships are available to students who demonstrate exceptional talent in music. Scholarship amounts are based on an audition and interested students should contact the Music, Art, or Theatre departments. Students must audition before March 1. Visual and Performing Art scholarships awarded to students who are majoring, or minoring will replace a student’s merit scholarship awarded at the time of admission. Students who are receiving multiple awards should also refer to our stacking policy.
The application for admission to the Fall 2019 semester at the University of Mount Union will be available in July 2018. Beginning in early fall of 2018, audition reservation forms for students admitted to the Fall 2019 semester will be available. The Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship audition dates for students admitted to the 2019 incoming class are as follows:
- Saturday, November 2, 2019
- Monday, January 20, 2020
- Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Monday, February 17, 2020
- Saturday, February 22, 2020
Music auditions serve two purposes:
- Music Majors: For students who wish to major in music and are thus applying for direct-admission to the music degree programs, auditions are an evaluation of skill and potential for success as future musicians. For these students, auditions are part of the admission process into the music degree programs as well as evaluations of musical ability for the purposes of earning a scholarship award. Students intending to major or minor in music should clearly state their intent to do so in the application process. There is also a blended scholarship available for students double majoring in both music and theatre.
- Non-Music Majors: For students who do not wish to major in music, the music audition serves only as an evaluation of musical ability for the purposes of earning a Music Scholarship Award.
Music Scholarships awarded in:
Brass ▪ Guitar ▪ Harp ▪ Percussion ▪ Piano ▪ Organ ▪ Strings ▪ Voice ▪ Woodwinds
We encourage you to think seriously about your major strength in the area of visual and performing arts. Students are permitted to audition for only one scholarship. Mount Union offers visual and performing arts scholarships in art, music, theatre and a blended scholarship for students majoring in both music and theatre.