- Caitlin Rothman M ’14
- Hometown: Grove City, PA
- Major: Physician Assistant Studies
I believe the program's emphasis on professionalism throughout the didactic and clinical years is of utmost importance and it is what drew me to the program.
Physician Assistant Studies
The mission of the Mount Union Physician Assistant Studies Program is to educate knowledgeable, competent, and compassionate physician assistants who, under physician supervision, provide patient care with professionalism and integrity.
The Physician Assistant Program will accomplish its mission by offering a graduate level curriculum that focuses on the development of critical thinking, professional problem solving, appreciation of human diversity, and ethical leadership. Through its mission the program will help meet the surrounding community’s need for qualified healthcare providers.
The strengths in the curriculum lie in its focus on:
- patient-centered care that acknowledges diversity and an interdisciplinary team approach
- the impact of the U.S Healthcare Delivery System within the context of the complex societal problems that affect the individual, community and world
- the collaborative physician/PA relationship
- an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of heath care access and needs
- the importance of life-long learning for the PA
PA PROGRAM GOALS
- Educate Physician Assistants to be excellent healthcare providers
- Produce physician assistants who are valued members of the medical team
- Provide academic and clinical opportunities to enrich the physician assistant education experience
- Promote health and preventive medicine measures
- Participate as a partner in providing the community with healthcare professionals.
Become a student at the University of Mount Union. Click here to apply online.