There are three options available for payment to the University:
- Pay the total semester amount by July 31 for the fall and January 3 for the spring
- Apply for the Parent Plus Loan through studentloans.gov, or a Private/Alternative Loan through the bank of your choice. A listing of private lenders can be found on the Student Financial Services website. NOTE: Loans are not credited to the student account until the funds are actually received by the University. The lender’s processing fees are deducted from your DL Loans prior to disbursement to your account.
- Sign up for the per semester payment plan. The University of Mount Union has partnered with HigherOne/CashNet which allows monthly payments due on the 5th or 15th of each month. There is an enrollment fee charge from HigherOne/CashNet to use this service. The fee is based upon the payment plan chosen. Students must enroll through their Self-Service portal. If someone other than the student is making the payment, the student will need to assign an authorized payer access to their account.
Parents: Are you assisting your student with their finances? Has your student given you access to their account? Your student can give you access as an authorized user
Students: If someone is helping you pay your bill, this is a great feature to include them in the circle of information. You can provide access to your billing account through your Self-Service website by clicking on the Finances tab and select “Make a Payment”. Click on the bottom left corner of the screen to “Add New” payer access.
If your student uses the authorized user tab in MAKE A PAYMENT, all authorized users will receive an email with the subject line “You have been given access” along this their access information. The user will be able to go online through the parent link to make a payment, or sign up for the monthly payment plan. This access is independent of your student’s account. The authorized user will NOT have access to Financial Aid, grades or other online student information, but:
- Authorized users will be able to enter their own email address and password.
- Authorized users should list this site under their favorites for easy access to their student’s account.
- The bank account information and payment methods are hidden from any other users including your student.
- The authorized user will be able to see the current balance on the student’s account, make payments, save payment methods and enroll in the monthly payment plan.
- The authorized user enrolled in the payment plan will receive related emails regarding the payment reminders and revisions. There are various monthly payment options available.
- Fall only payment plan ($35 enrollment fee) with 5 monthly payments beginning July 2016, ending November 2016
- 2016 Fall 2-month payment plan ($35 enrollment fee) with payments due on July 31st and September 30th.
- 2016 Annual payment plan ($70 enrollment fee) with 10 monthly payments beginning July 2016, ending April 2017. This is the plan to pick if you do not want to re-enroll each semester.