About the Computer Engineering Major
Computer engineering integrates electrical engineering and computer science to design, build, and test computing systems. From processors and circuit boards to memory devices and networks, computer engineers are continuously making computing systems faster, smaller, reliable, and more mobile.
The University of Mount Union’s Computer Engineering major is designed to offer students the innovative mindset and crucial knowledge to successfully impact this rewarding and high-paying field. Our engineering faculty at Mount Union is an outstanding group with expertise in the many fields that make up computer engineering such as:
- Information Security:
- Coding, cryptography, and information protection
- Communication and Wireless Networks
- Compilers and Operating Systems
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Computer Networks, Mobile Computing and Distributed Systems
- Computer Systems
- Architecture, Parallel Processing, and Dependability
- Computer Vision and Robotics
- Embedded Systems
- Integrated Circuits, VLSI Design, Testing and CAD
- Signal, Image and Speech Processing
The Department of Engineering’s four pillars of exceptional engineering education combined with a yearlong senior design capstone project that is driven by real-world applications from industry is a distinguishing factor that develops leaders in the field.
We will enroll our first class in Fall 2018. The computer engineering major is being added along with two other engineering programs in electrical engineering and biomedical engineering. They will be housed in the Department of Engineering along with the two successful ABET accredited programs in mechanical engineering and civil engineering.
Back to Department of Engineering