- Alina Selby ’14
- Hometown: Finleyville, PA
- Major: Mechanical engineering
I’ve always been interested in how things work and how I can make things more efficient.
Foreign Language Proficiency Requirement
As a graduation requirement, all Mount Union students must demonstrate proficiency in a modern foreign language equivalent to the satisfactory completion of a 102-level course. The proficiency requirement can be satisfied in one of the following ways:
- By passing the Proficiency Test.
- By satisfactorily completing a 102 or higher level course in a modern foreign language previously studied.
- By satisfactorily completing the 101-102 sequence of a modern foreign language not previously studied.
- Students who have never studied a modern foreign language before coming to Mount Union must satisfactorily complete the 101-102 sequence of a modern foreign language taught at Mount Union.
- Students who have satisfactorily completed a three-semester-hour course at the 102 level or higher in any modern foreign languageat an accredited college or university will be considered to have completed the foreign language proficiency requirement.
- Four-year University of Mount Union international students from countries where English is not an official language can choose tosatisfy the foreign language proficiency in one of the above-mentioned ways or as follows:
- By presenting a TOEFL score of 500 or higher (paper score), 173 or higher (computer score) or 61 or higher (internet score).
- By satisfactorily completing an ESL course at the 109 level or higher.