Mallory Glenn ‘19
Hometown: Bowling Green, Ohio
Member of Alpha Phi Omega, The Dynamo, on-air DJ for WRMU, green raiders and a DWOC consultant.
Why Mount Union
I met with an English professor and I loved his warmth and personality. I was shown issues of Calliope and was really impressed with the students. I felt like I could really excel in my major at this college. I perceived the small class sizes and intimacy of the campus to be extremely comforting and offer me a sense of belonging.
Trustee Scholarship Recipient
Without the Trustee Scholarship I could not attend Mount. I was initially very hesitant to event apply to Mount Union because the sticker tuition price is so daunting. The scholarship made Mount Union similar in price to that of a state school. With the Trustee Scholarship, I can graduate from Mount without drowning in student loans.
The Amazing Faculty
You know how you have that favorite teacher in high school? The one that you really just love and respect and think is such an incredible human being. I've felt that way about every single professor I've had at Mount Union. They're very open minded, respectful and determined individuals. The professors here consistently go above and beyond because they genuinely care about each and every student and his or her wellbeing. I love my kindhearted peers; I love the beauty of campus - but nothing compares to Mount Union's faculty.
Choosing to be a Writer
I cannot imagine being any other major but a writing major. Ever since I was little, I loved writing. This summer I was looking through old year books, and in 4th grade my elementary teacher signed “I can’t wait to read your first book!” Writing’s my love; it’s my passion. Someday, maybe my 4th grade teacher really will read a book I’ve written.
Working for the DWOC
My position in the DWOC has been one of the most influential experiences I’ve had at Mount. Working at the DWOC has truly made me a better, more knowledgeable student. It also forced me to be more adept at using various technologies available at Mount such as the ICE microphones or iMovie. This job truly pushes me outside of my comfort zone which while at times can be stressful and scary, has also made me more well-rounded and capable.
Writing for a Purpose
My ultimate career goal is vague- I want to write something poignant and controversial. I don’t have any specific “dream job” in mind, I just want my writing to make things better. If I can die knowing that a piece or two of mine will live on, continuing to evoke a strong response from readers, then I’ve achieved my definition of success.
You know how you have that favorite teacher in high school? The one that you really just love and respect and think is such an incredible human being. I've felt that way about every single professor I've had at Mount Union.
- Where is your favorite travel destination?
- Anywhere in Central America-the environment is beautiful.
- What is your favorite quote or motto?
- “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” -R.W. Emerson
- What did you want to be when you grew up as a kid?
- A scuba diver that took pictures of sharks for National Geographic (weirdly specific, I know).
- What’s your favorite app?
- Spotify! The Daily Mixes know me better than I know myself <3
- What three songs define your music tastes?
- Vacation by Dirty Heads, Mi Gente by J. Balvin & Willy and Break Down by Williams and Jack Johnson