University of Mount Union | Nursing College in Ohio
Mount Union offers a DIRECT ENTRY, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program. Students in the nursing program benefit from a new health and medical science facility with state-of-the-art laboratories, equipment and classrooms, which provide exceptional opportunities for practical, hands-on experiences integral to preparing successful nurses. The BSN program at Mount Union is CCNE accredited.
What makes Mount Union’s BSN program unique:
- Direct-entry upon admission to Mount Union - no waitlist.
- First class of graduates (2017) achieved a 100% passage rate on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX)
- Rigorous curriculum that prepares students to be leaders in the profession
- Practical experience combined with a curriculum rooted in the liberal arts
Nursing students will have extensive opportunities to experience supervised hands-on experience including:
- Laboratory experience
- Clinical experience in various areas including acute care setting, extended care facilities and community settings
- Extensive number of clinical practicum opportunities across Northeast Ohio
- Service learning
Mount Union offers a variety of scholarship and financial aid opportunities that recognize students on the merits of their achievements. A Mount Union education is accessible to students of all backgrounds.
The University of Mount Union holds numerous national rankings, including Forbes’ 2017 America’s Best Colleges ranking, Washington Monthly’s “Best Bang for the Buck” listing, and The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings. Mount Union has also been featured in the Princeton Review’s Guide to 361 Green Colleges for five consecutive years and has been named a top college in the Midwest region for 27 consecutive years by U.S. News and World Report. Other citations have been garnered by College Factual, Niche, Tuition Hero, Educate to Career, STARS, Arbor Day Foundation and Sierra Club.